Sunday, April 6, 2014

Name That Beard!

Since this is my blog, I can write anything I want, right?  Well, then let's jump from the intensely serious to the ridiculously fun!

I've been playing with my beard for a few years now, and for the last few months have experimented with a fun little design that seems fairly unique.



Note the lines cutting across the traditional beard shape

I'm sure I'm not the first person ever on the face of the planet to do this, but the more people I talk to, the more it seems likely I'm one of a very few.  Many folks - including strangers - have complimented my beard and said they've never seen anything like it.  Which means - so I've been told - that I get to name it!

Front view to see they symmetry

Now, I'm not egotistical enough (just barely) to name it after myself (fuck you, Van Dyke!) - I don't really like the sound of it anyway.  I've had some people mention that it looks like a spider, or - in a nod to Aliens - a facehugger.  But neither of those seem particularly appetizing.

Who is that dapper man anyway?

I had one stranger suggest I name it the Rising Sun - after the Japanese military flag, I assume.  Someone else said it looked more Tibetan (thinking, I assume, of the Free Tibet flag).

This blog is partially to officially document my face-carving techniques (hey, maybe I am the first!) and to also ask for a name (maybe it'll take off, just like "fetch"!)


Name That Beard!
  
pollcode.com free polls 

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as your face is divided into five sections - perhaps it can be named QuintSheer or quint....something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I enjoy constructive criticism and feedback, and love engaging others in dialogue. I do not enjoy unconstructive trolling or emotional attacks, so hopefully you refrained from those!